We combed the Internet looking for the perfect squat exercise to get your bottoms to tip top shape. It also strengthens the quads and lower back. You are most welcome. We did our job. Now it’s your turn!
The video we found is by health and fitness host, Anna Renderer for Fit Sugar TV, shows how you can perfect the basic squat.
- Start with feet shoulder width apart toes facing forward.
- Place hands on your thighs and gaze up toward the sky lifting your chest nice and high.
- As you bend your knees, place weight through the heels and sit back as if you were to sit on a chair. Note: your knees should not go beyond your toes.
- Keep your head and chest upright slide your hands down your thighs.
- You want to end where your elbows meet your knees. Hips are back and weight is on the heels.
It is really important to go all the way down. Most people are going to get to about parallel with their thighs to the ground. Keep your chest and head up. Pause for 5 seconds. Then press through your heels as you come up [rolling through the spine] to a nice and tall position, straightening out the hips.
And that is the perfect squat. Try to perform 3 sets of 15 reps of each exercise.
[blockquote align=”none” author=”Anna Renderer”]There are many variations of squats that you can do and some people like to add weight but before you do, it’s important to master the basic squat correctly.[/blockquote]
Common mistake that people might make during a squat is a rounding of the back. This puts an unnecessary strain on the spine. It can cause a pulled muscle or a herniated disc especially if you are holding on to weight. You want to make sure that you keep your chest upright and by doing that you will have a nice lumbar curvature where your back is nice and straight. And you‘ll be protecting that spine as you go down through the movement and then back up.
If you are having trouble with the squat it might be due to low back or glut weakness. Renderer recommends a couple of exercises to help strengthen those areas. The bridges to strengthen your gluts,
…and the superman to strengthen that low back.
You are on your way to bottoms beautiful.